Fables, from the periodical "Le Charivari"
Artist: Paul Gavarni (1804 - 1866) Primary
Artist: François Nicolas Martinet (1739 - after 1796) Publisher
Artist: Destouches Printer
The French text reads:
– Elle dort!...la voici qui parle dans son rêve......écoutons !....
–Alfred...jamais je n'oserai te dire.....que j'ai absolument besoin demain d'un billet de Cinq Cents francs !.....
– Diable, elle a le sommeil terriblement lourd pour moi.....n'attendons pas qu'elle s'éveille.....filons!...
– She's sleeping!...She is speaking in her sleep......listen!....
– Alfred..I wouldn't dare to tell you......that I absolutely need to ask you for five hundred francs !...
– Hell, she is sleeping too soundly for me ....we mustn't wait to wake her up .... get up!
(translated by Willoughby Thom, intern, summer 2022)
Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
Land owned and controlled by the state or federal government. Also, the status of publications, products, and processes that are not protected under patent or copyright.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Does this record contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve? Please contact the museum registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.